You’ve probably heard of Dermaplaning but likely haven’t tried it. It’s a physical exfoliation procedure known to be one of the most effective. We take a surgical scalpel (it sounds terrifying, but trust us, it isn’t), and remove all of the dead skin and peach fuzz, creating a smooth, even, bright layer that defies the seasonal drawbacks.
Let’s preface this first by declaring our love for Fall. We’re all about the layers, spiced lattes, the more reasonable running conditions, Thanksgiving, and white pumpkins (obvi).
But the crisper temperatures bring changes, too. Some weather-related skin changes you can expect include dry, dull skin, a pale complextion and rough texture. This is due to the decreased H2O intake, less sweat, and overall dietary changes (that impact skin) due to indulgence that the festivities bring.
Besides making sure you’re eating healthy, getting tons of sleep, staying hydrated and drinking tons of water…Dermaplaning is a treatment that’s most often unexplored, that is literally the best solution to keep your skin exfoliated.
5 reasons why we love Dermaplaning
- It gets rid of alllllll the dead skin and peach fuzz, allowing hydrating serums and creams to fully absorb and maximize your hydration level.
- It’s anti-aging. Dry, dead layers of skin ages us.
- It makes makeup look better. Because of the newly evened out skin, your makeup won’t look like it’s caked on.
- It’s literally one of the best methods to exfoliate. Dermaplaning promotes deeper and more even penetration of the skin, making it one of the most viable exfoliation methods.
- Facial hair doesn’t grow back thicker. This is not the equivalent of shaving.
Curious? Try it out.